Friday, February 15, 2013

Daring to dream and being ready to get it

I’ve always been one of those girls with a million things up my sleeve. I constantly have something new I want to try. There’s always an adventure to be had. I love experiences, meeting new people, and challenging myself out of my comfort zone. Except, when it comes to love, I find myself usually lacking the above qualities.

You see, loving someone is scary. Loving someone who may not love you back is even more scary. I mean, who really wants to put their heart on the line like that? Years ago, in my early 20’s I fell in love with my best friend. This guy was awesome and to this day we are still very close, but when I finally admitted to him that I was in love with him, let’s just say the response was, well, heartbreaking. I was kind of a mess for awhile. I felt betrayed, I felt that the world had completely let me down, after all, I thought he was perfect for me. 

However, sometimes when you are in the middle of something your ability to see clearly is marred by all the chaos going around you. I now look at him and while I think he is an amazing person and I now have enough information to know that we wouldn’t work in a romantic relationship. And perhaps had he given into my desires to make me happy, we would have lost a friendship that will probably last for both of our lives. 

I sometimes get scared when I realize how much I want something. Because you see, I have a habit of getting what I want. 

I’m still not sure how this happens, but I know I am very good at manifesting goodness in my life. Let me tell you some of the things that have happened in the past few years that are examples of this manifestation. I currently live in the EXACT apartment that I wanted to live in when I moved back to LA proper. I got TWO different jobs for a company that is notoriously difficult to get a job with.  I got the job I wanted and was the only person in both interviews offered the exact position I hoped for. I had less experience, than other applicants, but my desires lined up with the universe and good things happened. As it is, I love my job. I have been so blessed there. I’ve made friends for a lifetime and actually have a lot of fun when I go to work. These are just a few of the many awesome things that have completely worked out for me when I dared to dream them.

I have an incredible set of friends who share my joy and pain. Who have my back, who keep me honest, and love me, even when I come up with some crazy idea. You see these are things I had the courage to dream. I happen to be a fantastic day dreamer. And I am very comfortable admitting the things I want to the world. I keep finding that as you let the world know what you want, it comes around.

Expressing your desires to yourself, to the universe, to your friends not only puts things in motion to get those things to you, it always you to be more authentic and vulnerable which only increases the strength of your friendships. I currently have a huge desire that I would really like to see happen. It keeps floating around my heart and while I am positive that it is supposed to happen, I have to wait on some other factors to come together. Having that kind of patience is killer. I constantly have to remind myself that what I want takes time, but the outcome is worth it. 

What is funny is that I’m the one who wants this dream and my friends who know this dream sometimes press me to get the ball in motion to make the dream come true. However, I have to be true to MY dream and not theirs. I know their intentions are good, but I have to my heart and trust my intuition. Knowing their wants for me line up with what I want sends some amazing positive energy out into the world and hopefully encourages the changes that need to happen to make it grow. It’s good to admit to the people you love what you dream.

So I encourage you to really sit for a second and see what your desires are. What do you day dream of in your relationships? Your job? Your home? Start to believe it’s already happening.

If you want to move to a new city, start writing your address with that city on it. You want to be in a happy relationship? Start work on making yourself happy, do things you love. it’s amazing how much attractive you are when you find that you aren’t looking for the relationship to change, but just working on yourself. 

Be open. Be open to the gifts, to the words, the encouragement. Notice the sunshine. Be grateful for what you already have. Don’t put all your eggs in that basket. Know that if you get your hearts desire it isn’t going to radically change who you are, it’s only going to enhance who you are. It should compliment you, but not define you. 

Make a vision board. Write down a life wish list. Know that it’s okay to have dreams and desires. Don’t let the world define who you are or what you should want. 

Have the courage to dream. Then be ready to make it happen. Maya Angelou said “Ask for what you want and be prepared to get it.” Seriously, be prepared. It happens folks and when it does. Bask in the glow of knowing your desires can be met and then, have the courage to dream more!

As for my dream. I'm working on me. I'm actually trying to not worry to much about making it happen right now. I'm just working on being prepared to get it. After all, when it happens I want to be ready to jump up and down and bask in the glow of another dream coming true. Try it. It works, I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment