Thursday, February 16, 2012

Live the Life YOU want to Live



Live the Life YOU Want to Live.

Wait, hold the reins. Most people, including me who see stuff like this either think it's 'hippie shit' or think 'there's no way I can live the life I want to live right now, because of this, this, and this.' And you know what? It kind of is 'hippie shit' and we all do have multiple things on our plates, but, you know what. It's still the truth. We are the only ones in charge of our lives.

A few months ago I realized that I was allowing myself to feel like a victim of my circumstance. Now don't get me wrong. I did a really good job trying to get over my broken heart, I did everything I could to pull up my big girl panties and move on. But I realized that if I really wanted to be a victor and not a victim, I had to go the extra mile. I had to make my life exactly what I wanted, not just good enough to show that I had moved past everything.

In essence, I lived this "Then one day she decided to design a life she loved." I just realized that if I want what I want, then I have to do the work to get it.

I think that's where a lot of people fall short of these things, they don't do the work. I'm not saying that it's easy or that anything is completely within your reach at this moment, but it is within your reach. I think it's fairly clear now we now know that I want to loose weight. But you know what? That isn't really my overall goal.

My first and foremost goal is to be more of who I am and who I want to be. I want to be the things that make me happy. You know what makes me happy? Being healthy. Working out. Looking great in clothes. Accomplishing new tricks on the pole. A good spin class. Making people laugh. Inspiring people to be more than they are. Sharing quotes, recipes, inspirational things, that stuff makes me high! I LOVE it. So I figured out that I better just start doing it.

How did I do it?

1. I decided what was MOST important.
~For me this was exercise and diet.


Doesn't this looking amazing? Veggie spring rolls for lunch. Holla!

2. Learning new tricks on the pole.
~I really enjoy pole dance classes. I like the teachers, the students, the atomsphere. I do not thing I have a future in pole or in competitions, but I like the goal setting that comes with it. There is always something new to learn and some awesome way to challenge your body. It is a really great way to see how far you've come. I don't think I'll do pole forever, but I do really like it.

Here are my new pole shoes for inspiration. I keep joking that they come with an application to work at Deja Vu. I never thought I would ever be able to rock these and/or dance in them without dying.



3. Making people laugh
~I decided to take an improv class. I LOVE making people laugh. One of my favorite lines that completes me is in a song is from Rosie Thomas, These Friends of Mine "And when they laugh, it makes me high..." That's totally how I feel. So I decided to try improv. I was asked to join the company. It's so much fun!

4. Sharing and helping to inspire others
~ I spend a lot of time looking up quotes, shows, facts, life, and trying new things that in hopes.... It inspires other people to break out of their ruts and try things.


You can do this too. Don't think because you live in a small town in Podunk, WA that it's gotta keep you down. You have to make your life where you are. I could give you suggestions, but you need to do the work to make your own changes. You have to want to do the work. It's not easy. But it's possible. I'm just the same as you. I grew up with no money. I have a ton of student loans. I do have a great job, but I still have to make the choice everyday to go out and kick ass and that's hard when I have a super comfy couch to park it on.

It's all about #Hardwork #Dedication and just #GETTINGIT! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment